(Edmonton) PALS Provider Course (December 5 & 6, 2019 | 8:45 am to 4:30 pm)
Pediatric Advanced Life Support – Provider Course
Course Date & Time: December 5 & 6, 2019 | 8:45 am to 4:30 pm
Course Location: Holiday Inn & Suites – 1100 – 4 Street – Nisku Alberta – T9E 8E2
Registration is Open!
WHO SHOULD TAKE A PALS PROVIDER COURSE?
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Provider Course is designed for healthcare providers who either direct or participate in the management of respiratory and/or cardiovascular emergencies and cardiopulmonary arrest in pediatric patients.
This includes, RN’s, LPN’s, RPN’s, NP’s, Medical Doctors, Dentists, Primary Care Paramedics’s, Advanced Care Paramedic’s, Critical Care Paramedic’s, Respiratory Therapists, ETC.
Students in the above professions are always welcome on our PALS Courses.
WHAT ARE THE PRE-REQUISITES FOR THE PALS PROVIDER COURSE (2-DAY COURSE)?
Have A Current Heart & Stroke Foundation BLS Course Completion Card.
Complete The PALS Pre-Course Self-Assessment Online Examination. Requires a passing score of 70% or higher to print certificate.
You Can Use This Link The Access The Exam – https://resuscitation.heartandstroke.ca//resources/other/pals_training
Every PALS Student Should Be Proficient In The Following…
- Performing High-Quality BLS Skills
- Reading & Interpreting Electrocardiograms (ECGs)
- Be Able To Identify Rhythms Associated With Bradycardia’s, Tachycardia’s, & Cardiac Arrests (Ventricular Fibrillation, Ventricular Tachycardia, Asystole)
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN DURING THE PALS PROVIDER COURSE?
The Heart & Stroke Foundation’s PALS Provider Course Is Built Upon 5 Major Concepts…
- Identification & Treatment Of Problems That Place A Child At Risk For Respiratory And/Or Cardiac Arrest.
- Understanding & Applying The Pediatric Systematic Assessment Process.
- Using The Evaluate – Identify – Intervene Sequence.
- Utilizing The PALS Treatment Algorithms.
- Demonstration Of Effective Team Skills In Pediatric Resuscitation.
The Heart & Stroke Foundation’s PALS Provider Course Is Designed To Give You The Opportunity To Practice & Demonstrate Proficiency In The Following Skills Used During A Resuscitation…
- Utilizing & Applying The Pediatric Systematic Assessment Process.
- High-Quality BLS Skills.
- Identifying Patients Who Require Immediate Intervention.
- Differentiate Between & Effectively Manage Patients In Respiratory Distress & Respiratory Failure.
- Basic, Intermediate, & Advanced Airway Management.
- Integration & Use Of End-Tital CO2 Monitoring.
- Differentiate Between & Effectively Manage Patients In Compensated Shock & Decompensated (Hypotensive) Shock.
- Intravenous (IV) / Intraosseous (IO) Access
- Differentiate Between & Effectively Manage Patients With Stable Arrhythmia’s & Unstable Arrhythmia’s.
- Rhythm Recognition
- Electrical Therapies (Defibrillation, Cardioversion, Transcutaneous Pacing)
- Use Of Resuscitation Medications
- Team Dynamics
- Management Of The Post Arrest Pediatric Patient
Students will practice the application of these and other skills in simulated cases and will practice both Team Leader and team member roles.
WHAT CERTIFICATION WILL YOU EARN AT THE END OF THE PALS PROVIDER COURSE?
When You Successfully Complete The Heart & Stroke Foundaiton’s PALS Provider Course, You Will Receive The Coveted, Official PALS Provider Completion Card From The Heart & Stroke Foundation Of Canada.
You Are Taking Advantage Of Our Combined BLS & PALS Program, You Will Also Receive The Official BLS Provider Completion Card From The Heart & Stroke Foundation Of Canada.
Your PALS Completion Card Expires Two Years From The Date Of Issue.
Your BLS Completion Card Expires One Year From The Date Of Issue.
You Can Access Your Completion Card(s) By Logging Into Your Student Account On Heart & Stroke Foundation’s Portal – https://resuscitation.heartandstroke.ca/portalaccess
WHAT CME CREDITS WILL YOU EARN AT THE END OF THE PALS PROVIDER COURSE?
MAINPRO Credits (College of Family Physicians of Canada)
Successfully Completing the ACLS Provider / Renewal Program Makes You Eligible For 0.5 Mainpro-C Credits Per Hour Of Participation. A Copy Of Your Heart & Stroke Foundation’s, ACLS Provider Completion Card Will Needs To Be Submitted. For More Details, Please Visit The College of Family Physicians of Canada – Mainpro website – http://www.cfpc.ca/mainpro
MAINPORT Credits (Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons)
Successfully Completing the ACLS Provider / Renewal Program Makes You Eligible For Credits Under Section 2 (Self-Learning Activities) “Traineeship”. Enter The Number Of Hours You Participated In The Course (These Will Be Doubled In Your Credits). For More Details, Please Visit The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons Mainport website – http://www.royalcollege.ca/rcsite/home-e
Start date: December 05, 2019
End date: December 06, 2019
Start time: 08:45 a.m.
End time: 04:30 p.m.
Venue: Holiday Inn & Suites - 1100 - 4 Street - Nisku Alberta - T9E 8E2